By Eunice Bennett of Eunice Bennett Ministries
Did your pastor try to shut you up because you receive ministry from other ministers..?
The Bible has this to say:
“Those people are zealous to win you over, BUT FOR NO GOOD. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may have zeal for them. (Galatians 4:17, Italics mine)
Ministers, guard and watch yourselves from professional insecurities. It is as bad as worldly jealousy! What should be the right attitude of ministers?
“whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—ALL ARE YOURS, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.” (1 Corinthians 3: 22-23, NIV, Italics mine)
All are yours! Including ministers outside your church, outside your denomination and even those from other countries and races! If your pastor is restraining you from receiving ministry from other ministers, ask yourself these questions:
- What is the pastor`s motivation for the control that he is trying to assert?
- Is my pastor afraid of losing me to another church?
- Is my pastor concerned that his voice will diminish in my life because I opened myself up according to 1 Corinthians 3:22-23?
- Is my pastor intimidated with other ministers?
- Is my pastor afraid that I will get a wrong teaching or a wrong spirit? What if the witness of the Spirit of God inside of me is that other ministers are also right in their standing with God?
- Is my pastor a personality cult who thinks that he is the greatest thing that had had happened in the Church?
- Does my pastor think that no one can be as anointed, as skillful, as better than he is?
- Why does my pastor character assassinate other ministers especially when I praise them? Does he want to get all the praises and validation himself? Or can he stand comparison at all?
- Is my pastor envious?
- Why am I staying under a toxic leadership?
You can do yourself a big favor if you know how to ask God the right question. The Holy Spirit will show you if you are under a toxic, venomous leadership if you ask Him to search you out.
“…these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.”(1 Corinthians 2:10, NIV)
If the spirit of leadership above you is toxic and has a visceral hate towards other ministers, expect that that leader will throw hostile accusations and condemnations to brainwash you! That`s how darkness works.
Get out of there while there is time!
This blog is food for someone today!
Glory to God!
Blogging to you from New York – the financial capital of the world!